Bug report information in release versions

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding IBDAC (InterBase Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
lam

Bug report information in release versions

Post by lam » Wed 23 Nov 2016 19:50

Hello,

I would like to kindly ask for more information on your releases in order for us Users of the components to decide whether we should update our components immediately or not.

Here is my specific situation, two weeks ago I updated the components to 5.7.26 version in all our machines, it takes some time to do this. Now, there is a new release 5.7.27, 20 days after releasing the .26 version. I don't want to update everything this often so I have to evaluate if the updates in this new version impact in our code, but all the information we have about the release is this:
In this version:

- Bug with adding Calculated fields after calling Prepare is fixed
- Bug with stored procedure parameters is fixed
- Bug with setting query parameters as a string is fixed
What does this mean? Where can I find details on each point in order to evaluate the impact in my code? It would be very useful if you could point us to the bug report fixed by each point or whatever you can share with us.

It could also be handy if you could point us to the Docs when new features are added to the components.

Thanks!

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: Bug report information in release versions

Post by ViktorV » Thu 24 Nov 2016 13:40

IBDAC 5.7.27 is not a release, it is a build, there were not any additions or improvements in it. The build includes only bugs fixes found by users in IBDAC 5.7.26 and their description is included in release history in order for users to understand what particular bugs were fixed. If you have no errors in your code when using IBDAC 5.7.26, you can install IBDAC 5.7.27.

lam

Post by lam » Thu 24 Nov 2016 15:34

Ok, thanks for the reply.

I understand it is not a release, but this is not about it being a release or not. You have to understand that for some companies it is difficult to test their whole codebases. If there was a bug introduced into your components in one of you builds or releases, we probably won't notice until my clients report this to me, which is what I am trying to avoid.

Besides, I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but the reason I'm asking for more information about the changes made is that I DON'T want to install the new Builds each time you do one because it takes time out of my company's developers. I would rather update just when it is necessary.

Any information would be very useful, an example illustrating the case of the bug would be ideal.

Thanks again.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 25 Nov 2016 10:17

Sorry but we meant if you have no errors in your code when using IBDAC 5.7.26, there is no need to install the latest version.