Manage users with account other then SYSDBA

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding IBDAC (InterBase Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
abradanini

Manage users with account other then SYSDBA

Post by abradanini » Wed 03 Feb 2016 14:25

Hi.
I need to create users using an account other than SYSDBA with admin rights. I have tried to use TIBCSecutityService component, but I can't set role during authentication. In security2.fdb I have defined a user (named dbadmin) with admin rights. With gsec utility I can access with dbadmin and role RDB$ADMIN to create new users. In TIBCSecutityService component the property 'role' is missing. Access with SYSDBA do not require role definition and it works, but I should access with dbadmin that require role setted to RDB$ADMIN for elevated privileges.

Also, when creating a users, there is not possibility to assign it admin rights (admin parameter in gsec).

I'm using IBDAC v5.6.20 and Delphi 10 Seattle.

There are solutions?
Thanks

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: Manage users with account other then SYSDBA

Post by ViktorV » Fri 12 Feb 2016 15:45

Currently, IBDAC doesn't allow to specify role on connection to the service.
We will consider the possibility to implement the mentioned functionality in one of the next builds of IBDAC.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: Manage users with account other then SYSDBA

Post by ViktorV » Fri 28 Jul 2017 08:52

We have added ability to set ROLE when connecting to FB service in IBDAC 6.0.2, that is already available for download.