IBCQuery and fetch records

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding IBDAC (InterBase Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
guidocavalera

IBCQuery and fetch records

Post by guidocavalera » Tue 06 Aug 2019 11:42

Hi i'm trying to use fetch method to ibcQuery on cachedupdate = True to have less traffic on lan ... in detail im using BeforeFetch event and cancel property to true to avoid to load all records BUT :

1) if i insert new records in dataset and after i apply those on DB ... updating fail without errors, no records added on the table togheter old records ....

2) if i insert new record in dataset and i want to retrieve the rest from the DB ... how can i do it ? there is no FetchAgain like in firedac and if i use refresh all new records are losed !

Can you help me ?

guidocavalera

Re: IBCQuery and fetch records

Post by guidocavalera » Fri 09 Aug 2019 07:00

any news for me ?

I want to known if fetching is correctly managed ... and why table is not updated with new records if i use BeforeFetch with cancel = True ?

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Tue 13 Aug 2019 08:15

You can find an IBDacDemo project that demonstrates the operation of IBDAC components in the CachedUpdates mode in the directory %IBDACDemos%\IBDacDemo, where %IBDACDemos% is the path to the directory in your system where the IBDAC Demo projects are installed. See the 'General Demos\CachedUpdates tab in your demo project.
If you have any questions after getting familiar with the demo, please compose a small sample that demonstrates the behavior of your IBDAC instance and send it to us, along with scripts for creating and populating database objects via the contact form on our website: https://devart.com/company/contactform.html

guidocavalera

Post by guidocavalera » Fri 16 Aug 2019 06:02

sorry but i can't see any IBDACDemos, BUT i want to say i need a support for fetch records not cachedupdates ! When i m free i will send you a demo but i think fetch engine is not correctly implemented !

Bye

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Mon 19 Aug 2019 06:58

Thank you for your interest in our product.
When you have results on this issue, please let us know.