Edited detail record can't be posted

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding IBDAC (InterBase Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
TheFastCoder

Edited detail record can't be posted

Post by TheFastCoder » Fri 14 Sep 2018 13:17

Hi,

I'm having a master detail relationship (Firebird with IBDAC, Delphi 10.2.2). A TIBCQuery is the master table and a TIBCTable is the detail table. This worked severals years! without any problems. A few weeks ago I've updated to IBDAC 6.2.8. Now I have this problem:

A few master records are present. I insert a detail record and post it. I edit the detail record and want to post it. Now I get this error:

EDatabaseError 'Refresh failed. Found 0 records'

Now I go to another master record and than back to the previous one. Now I can edit and post the detail record which triggered the error.

Why is that? Is it bad to use a TIBCQuery with TIBCTable in that way? (If I replace the TIBCTable with a TIBCQuery everything is fine).

Thank you in advance!

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: Edited detail record can't be posted

Post by ViktorV » Fri 14 Sep 2018 13:30

Unfortunately, we could not reproduce the specified behavior.
If this is so, in order for us to be able to give you a detailed answer, we need a sample demonstrating the behavior you mentioned. Therefore, please, compose a small sample demonstrating the described behavior and send it to us using the contact form https://devart.com/company/contactform.html including database objects creating scripts.