DbExplorer

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
daki

DbExplorer

Post by daki » Sat 18 Nov 2006 16:51

I closed the results window of DbExplorer and I cannot get it to display again. I did not exit out of VS2005 and back in to restore it and I didnot find anywhere to redisplay it. Can someone post how to restore the results window for DbExplorer?

Thanks

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Mon 20 Nov 2006 07:24

Please specify what is meant by "the results window of DbExplorer"?

daki

DbExplorer Results Window

Post by daki » Mon 20 Nov 2006 16:17

When you right click on a table and select "Retrieve Data" a window opens with the results.

I think I know what is going on. For some reason a line is getting put into the users table in the "mysql" database that lists my IP address on the fly without a valid password. Due to this condition when I would click on "Retrieve Data" the results window would not open. Later I would go to do something other than "Retrieve Data" and I would get a security violoation regarding my connection.

I would like to know why a line is getting put into the "users" table with my IP address. Before I start the Visual Studio session in the "user" table I have two lines for my user name, one with "localhost" and the other with "%" for the host field. After some time in VS a line gets entered with my IP address in the "Host" field without a password and I don't know when and why this happens. So subsequently while using DbExplorer the results window doesn't open up and I thought it was due to an issue in DbExplorer but I don't really know.

Duke
Devart Team

Post by Duke » Fri 24 Nov 2006 14:37

Problem seems strange and we cannot reproduce it.
What is the MySQL server version you are using?