Backup connection manager

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
wil2liv

Backup connection manager

Post by wil2liv » Tue 18 Jan 2022 03:14

I'm new to devart and so far it is awesome! I just moved to this from Redgate and wow, so much better. There is only one thing I have not been able to do yet...

I have three development workstations, one at work, home and my laptop. I'm looking for a way to sync or at least backup / restore the connection manager and have not found a way to do that yet. I used to sync the connections via OneDrive with Redgate.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you.

alexa

Re: Backup connection manager

Post by alexa » Tue 18 Jan 2022 07:52

You can import/export the connection list and other settings with the 'Tools -> Import and Export Settings' feature available in the main menu.

Also, you may be interested that the connections are saved in the system registry:
'HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Devart -> dbForge Common Settings -> Connections -> MySQL'.

ellapurnell

Post by ellapurnell » Tue 25 Jan 2022 07:34

alexa wrote: Tue 18 Jan 2022 07:52 You can import/export the connection list and other settings with the 'Tools ->retro bowl unblocked Import and Export Settings' feature available in the main menu.

Also, you may be interested that the connections are saved in the system registry:
'HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Devart -> dbForge Common Settings -> Connections -> MySQL'.
thank for your sharing

alexlixs

Post by alexlixs » Sun 17 Apr 2022 04:13

wil2liv wrote: Tue 18 Jan 2022 03:14 I'm new to devart and so far it is awesome! I just moved to this from Redgate and wow, so much better. There is only one thing I have not been able to do yet...

I have three development workstations, one at work, home and my laptop. I'm looking for a way to sync or at least backup / restore the connection manager and have not found a way to do that yet. I used to sync the connections via OneDrive with Redgate.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you.
Looking for same guide.