How to scroll within a table in the Query Builder

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
DannyD

How to scroll within a table in the Query Builder

Post by DannyD » Thu 10 Jun 2021 17:35

If I have a table with many fields and I add the table to the Query Builder, I can not scroll within the table. When I place the mouse cursor over the table and scroll with the mouse scroll wheel, I expect to scroll through the fields in the table. Instead, the whole Query Builder grid scrolls. Below is a demonstration of what I mean. In the first part of the demonstration, I am using the scroll wheel over the Query Builder grid. In the second part of the demonstration, I am using the scroll wheel over the table. In both cases, it is the grid which scrolls.

This is very frustrating. I have a long list of fields in the table, and it is cumbersome to scroll through them using the small scroll bar on the side of the table, rather than using the mouse scroll wheel.

Is there a way to change this behavior, so that I can scroll through a table with the mouse scroll wheel?

dzhanhira
Devart Team

Re: How to scroll within a table in the Query Builder

Post by dzhanhira » Mon 14 Jun 2021 13:31

We already faced that case and included such a feature to our Roadmap, so it will be fixed and included in one of the next releases.

DannyD

Post by DannyD » Wed 16 Jun 2021 19:02

Thank you. It's good to know this is being addressed.

landavid009

Post by landavid009 » Fri 29 Jul 2022 14:36

DannyD wrote: Thu 10 Jun 2021 17:35 If I have a table with many fields and I add the table to the Query Builder, I can not scroll within the table. When I place the mouse cursor over the table and scroll with the mouse scroll wheel, I expect to scroll through the fields in the table. Instead, the whole Query Builder grid scrolls. Below is a demonstration of what I mean. In the first part of the demonstration auto clicker, I am using the scroll wheel over the Query Builder grid. In the second part of the demonstration, I am using the scroll wheel over the table. In both cases, it is the grid which scrolls.

This is very frustrating. I have a long list of fields in the table, and it is cumbersome to scroll through them using the small scroll bar on the side of the table, rather than using the mouse scroll wheel.

Is there a way to change this behavior, so that I can scroll through a table with the mouse scroll wheel?
I looked at what I had actually done and it looks something like this, I will apply it to your query...

select rowpos =
(select count(*) from employees
where emp_no < MY_EMP_NO
order by emp_no, project_no, stage_no)
+
where emp_no = MY_EMP_NO
and project_no < MY_PROJ_NO
+
where emp_no = MY_EMP_NO
and project_no = MY_PROJ_NO
and stage_no = MY_STAGE_NO

I know this is pretty ugly, but it should work. It can also be generated dynamically if need be in a procedure for generic tables and keys.

The last query group should return 1 if all the fields are part of the primary key, but if not it will return the rowpos of the last record that matches the search criteria.
null