Documenter - How to Pick Which Column Properties to Display?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
mraff

Documenter - How to Pick Which Column Properties to Display?

Post by mraff » Tue 06 Apr 2021 23:17

I'm using the data documenter for dbForge for MySQL, to try to generate an overview of all the tables in my database. The main thing I want is a listing of tables, and for each column, I want:

Name
Data type
Constraints
Keys
Comments

In the documentation generator, when I click on "tables", there's a section called "Groups" with options like:

Columns
Virtual Columns
Indexes
Check Constraints
Triggers
etc.

When I togle the "columns" option, that determines whether the output has a listing of columns.

However, the output gives me these fields:

Key,Name,Data Type,Length,Precision,Scale,Unsigned,Zerofill,Binary,Not Null,Auto Increment,Default,Virtual Description

I don't want all those fields! Especially I don't want Precision, Scale, Unsigned, Zerofill, and Binary. How do I get rid of these? Is there no customization option?

Raudar
Devart Team

Re: Documenter - How to Pick Which Column Properties to Display?

Post by Raudar » Wed 07 Apr 2021 10:28

Hello,

Thanks for choosing our product.

Kindly note that at the moment we do not have such functionality inside the software however it's in our roadmap for further releases and will be definitely added to the product.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Victor

mraff

Re: Documenter - How to Pick Which Column Properties to Display?

Post by mraff » Fri 09 Apr 2021 17:59

Thanks Victor, glad you have it on your radar. Do you all normally reply to posts like these when such a feature comes out?