dbForge MySQL 2020 Bug - Serious Debugging Issues

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
jakelyods58

dbForge MySQL 2020 Bug - Serious Debugging Issues

Post by jakelyods58 » Thu 25 Feb 2021 13:55

This is a hard one to provide information for because I'm not sure how to reproduce it; the best I can do right now is encapsulate the debugging issues as best as possible - for clarity, the dbForge Studio 2020 Enterprise BETA has a crazy amount of debugging issues:
I've received numerous "bogus" errors from the IDE when trying to initiate debugging stating a stored procedure parameter is not defined; when it clearly is -- and it executes fine without issue. It also often highlights red a blank/empty area when giving this error.
I've had the debugger visual line representation go crazy; it will highlight lines of code in the IDE that are NOT the lines being executed.
The debugger will get "lost" when diving into call after call after call; often resulting in no cursor location, and pressing F11 just causes the IDE to flicker.
When trying to debug, I'll get the prompt to compile, followed by "A connection error has occurred. Try again later." Sometimes running the STEP INTO (F11) option resolves it; sometimes, I have to close out the tab for the stored procedure and re-open it.
I'll update this thread as I come across more. Sadly, I can't seem to reproduce these issues with efficiency; they are random and sporadic.

The debugger is nowhere near ready for release. I recommend focusing on debugger-related issues with top priority.

dzhanhira
Devart Team

Re: dbForge MySQL 2020 Bug - Serious Debugging Issues

Post by dzhanhira » Fri 19 Mar 2021 13:43

Currently, we are working on it with high priority.