Connecting to Godaddy MySQL database

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
line7

Connecting to Godaddy MySQL database

Post by line7 » Fri 12 Feb 2021 07:39

Hello,

We are trialing the excel add-on to connect to MySQL database (Godaddy website). I must say the ease of setup was perfect! I was able to get the excel workbook to connect to the database and get the table from this database – but the error message has started to appear – at random time periods (sometimes no message in hour then it shows all the time):

Code: Select all

Commands out of sync; You can't run this command now
At first I thought that we were getting data too frequently and also enabled this option as per other topics but the problem still persists:

Default FetchAll: True
We will be using your add-in to each hour download data from the server – replace it with the calculations done in excel - and then update the server datatable…We absolutely need to solve this problem that it never happens as your add in will be a part of the production automated routine and cannot stop the whole analytical pipeline just because of one small random error – please help! We are ready to purchase!

One minor question – maybe we can just reopen the workbook – enable Edit mode and just commit as that – without needing to get the data each time before enabling Edit mode and committing?

Dave

line7

Re: Connecting to Godaddy MySQL database

Post by line7 » Fri 12 Feb 2021 07:52

here is what MYSQl has to say:

B.3.2.12 Commands out of sync
If you get Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now in your client code, you are calling client functions in the wrong order.

This can happen, for example, if you are using mysql_use_result() and try to execute a new query before you have called mysql_free_result(). It can also happen if you try to execute two queries that return data without calling mysql_use_result() or mysql_store_result() in between.

so how do I enable this command before new GET DATA command?

mysql_free_result()