[PROBLEM] dbForge Studio 2020 MySQL Enterprise - IDE destroys formatting of Stored Procedures when hanging and restored

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
Requnix

[PROBLEM] dbForge Studio 2020 MySQL Enterprise - IDE destroys formatting of Stored Procedures when hanging and restored

Post by Requnix » Thu 29 Oct 2020 19:29

Version 9.0.435

This is VERY frustrating; the IDE will occasionally hang on me while trying to save a stored procedure. The result is the dvrt_xxx version, but the problem is the IDE has completely reformatted it! Some of my stored procedures are more than 1,000 lines of code. This destroys the format I put in there and often takes 5-10 minutes just to manually clean up for ease of reading.

PLEASE remove the "auto format layout" of Stored Procedures when recovering from a crash like this. Over the past few months, this issue has cost me hours of time spent solely on reformatting.

dzhanhira
Devart Team

Re: [PROBLEM] dbForge Studio 2020 MySQL Enterprise - IDE destroys formatting of Stored Procedures when hanging and resto

Post by dzhanhira » Mon 02 Nov 2020 12:46

Does "auto format layout" use it when editing procedures constantly or periodically? If periodically, are there any peculiarities with the procedures or with the process/editing?

Requnix

Re: [PROBLEM] dbForge Studio 2020 MySQL Enterprise - IDE destroys formatting of Stored Procedures when hanging and resto

Post by Requnix » Mon 02 Nov 2020 15:42

It only seems to do this in the above provided example; when the IDE hangs and it saves the stored procedure as dvrt_xxx.

dzhanhira
Devart Team

Post by dzhanhira » Tue 03 Nov 2020 19:03

We'll try to fix it. if it is possible please turn on logging as constant in order to be able to get a log if the problem is reproduced again - this will make it easy to fix it, otherwise it will take a lot of time.

Requnix

Post by Requnix » Tue 03 Nov 2020 19:07

I think it's far easier to resolve; what's going on is the IDE is "auto-formatting" a recovered stored procedure. Should be pretty easy to find out under what circumstances the IDE does this - you can then add an option in settings (default OFF of course heh) where the user can choose to auto-format "recovered" stored procedures.

dzhanhira
Devart Team

Post by dzhanhira » Thu 05 Nov 2020 10:06

That's exactly what we're going to do.

dzhanhira
Devart Team

Post by dzhanhira » Wed 03 Feb 2021 14:54

We have a new release with a lot of fixes for you.

The new release can be downloaded here: https://www.devart.com/dbforge/mysql/st ... nload.html
Please, let us know if the problem persists.