[BUG] dbForge Studio 2020 MySQL Enterprise - Mouseover Variables during Debug stops working

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
Requnix

[BUG] dbForge Studio 2020 MySQL Enterprise - Mouseover Variables during Debug stops working

Post by Requnix » Thu 08 Oct 2020 17:25

Version: 9.0.391
Platform: Windows 10

Not sure what the exact cause is, but after debugging a number of times, stopping, restarting, getting notice I need to rebuild the stored procedure for debugging, the ability to mouseover a variable to get the value stops working altogether. Adding a watch shows the variable, which means the system is still working, but the mouseover feature is gone.

This is quite impactful as it makes the debugging process, since losing the ability to quickly mouseover and requiring the addition of watches is cumbersome.

Also note I often get "A connection error has occurred." when I try to Debug (via pressing the green play button on the ribbon). I simply press it again and everything works. I haven't noticed the mouseover feature failing after this issue, so it seems to be unassociated.

Restarting the IDE resolves this issue. Closing the SP and/or rebuilding it (as normal then debug again) does not resolve the issue. Once mouseover stop working, it stops working globally within the IDE.

alexa

Re: [BUG] dbForge Studio 2020 MySQL Enterprise - Mouseover Variables during Debug stops working

Post by alexa » Fri 09 Oct 2020 11:46

We just released dbForge Studio for MySQL, v9.0.435 https://www.devart.com/dbforge/mysql/studio/download.html

Please try the latest build.

Requnix

Re: [BUG] dbForge Studio 2020 MySQL Enterprise - Mouseover Variables during Debug stops working

Post by Requnix » Wed 21 Oct 2020 20:12

No change with the latest release. Same issue.