dbForge MySQL 2020 Bug - IDE Hangs - Lose All SP Work

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
Requnix

dbForge MySQL 2020 Bug - IDE Hangs - Lose All SP Work

Post by Requnix » Fri 24 Apr 2020 22:21

The IDE regularly hangs on me with no crash (I have to end task) when I'm applying changes to an updated stored procedure. I'm pretty sure this is connected to the DECLARE replacement issue. It's very frustrating as all changes are lost, and the "salvaged" version (dvrt_xxx) is available for recovery - but it's the original, not the updated version.

I cannot find a pattern to this problem, but it's a red flag issue that would prevent the release of the IDE. I'll post more details if I can find a pattern.

Requnix

Re: dbForge MySQL 2020 Bug - IDE Hangs - Lose All SP Work

Post by Requnix » Sat 25 Apr 2020 18:50

I want to emphasize the severity of this issue. I opened a key stored procedure in my project and simply changed one DEFAULT variable to FALSE and saved... the entire IDE hung and I had to end task. When I restarted the SP was gone BUT the dvrt version did exist (thank god). But given the entire IDE crashes in some circumstances when just editing a DEFAULT bool value (and applying the changes)... definitely not good!

alexa

Post by alexa » Tue 28 Apr 2020 09:30

Could you please provide us the CREATE definition of the object causing the issue?

You can send the reply straight to our support system at supportATdevartDOTcom.

Requnix

Post by Requnix » Tue 28 Apr 2020 15:25

This is the duplicate DECLARE bug that I received an EMail this morning stating it was reproduced and will be fixed, so I think we're good. If that is not the same error, let me know and I can send you the code -- but note this happens with all stored procedures - not any one in particular - where there is a duplicate DECLARE statement (with the same variable name).