Data export with large dataset

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
adetogni

Data export with large dataset

Post by adetogni » Fri 12 Oct 2018 09:05

Hi
When you run a query and select export results, it exports only the current page (so, for example, the first 1000 rows). However, for testing large dataset, I need to export ALL the results.
The only way I found was to disable the pagination, but the issue with this is that when you want to export you have to wait for dbForce to load the ENTIRE result in memory and then export.

Is there a way to run a query and tell it to NOT load in memory but just save to disk as CSV?

Thanks

adetogni

Re: Data export with large dataset

Post by adetogni » Fri 12 Oct 2018 09:06

Just to clarify: I know I can right click "export" on a table, but that exports the entire Table.

And one option could be to create a view and then run an export of that view: but that works only on databases where you have a CREATE VIEW, not the ones on read only.

alexa

Post by alexa » Fri 12 Oct 2018 10:16

You could create a view basing on the query, right-click it in Database Explorer, select 'Export Data...' from the popup menu and complete the wizard.

adetogni

Post by adetogni » Fri 12 Oct 2018 12:24

alexa wrote: Fri 12 Oct 2018 10:16 You could create a view basing on the query, right-click it in Database Explorer, select 'Export Data...' from the popup menu and complete the wizard.
As I wrote before this works only for databases where you have a CREATE VIEW. In databases where your credential is read only, this can't be done.

alexa

Post by alexa » Tue 16 Oct 2018 09:24

Unfortunately, we can't suggest you anything else on this.