Solution based/saved database connection

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
urosg

Solution based/saved database connection

Post by urosg » Tue 25 Sep 2018 03:53

I found the VS plugin and almost instantly bought a license but one thing bothers me, either I can not find it or it doesn't exist.

I would like to store database connection(s) with the solutions, so that when I open the solution on another computer the connection would be there and also to clean up the connections clutter / no need to have numerous databases listed if working on a specific one(s) in the solution.

Can this be achieved and how?

alexa

Re: Solution based/saved database connection

Post by alexa » Thu 27 Sep 2018 13:36

You may be interested in the Database Projects feature of dbForge.

To create a database project, please perform the following:
1. Select 'File -> New -> Project...' from the main menu. The 'New Project' dialog opens.
2. Select 'Templates -> Devart Database Projects -> MySQL -> MySQL Project Wizard' in the tree on the left-hand side of the dialog box. The New Database Project Wizard opens.
3. Complete the wizard.

urosg

Post by urosg » Fri 28 Sep 2018 10:13

Thank you for the proposed solution, but this is not what I was looking for as the project it self still adds connection to the list of all connections inside "database explorer".

What I am looking is a project or more accurately solution based "database explorer", where there would be listed only the databases used in opened solution.

As when developing a web project with a specific framework (Yii2 in this case) the database management i.e. table creation etc. is based on framework migrations, but to browse and check database an external tool has to be used.

alexa

Post by alexa » Mon 01 Oct 2018 07:33

There is no such a possibility in dbForge.