Create CMD file for Backup

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
kaffeburk

Create CMD file for Backup

Post by kaffeburk » Wed 19 Sep 2018 05:20

Hello Devart,

I cant figure out how to make automatic backups. I checked the videos and the forums. Perhaps some vital information is missing?

I created a file like this:

call "C:\Program Files\Devart\dbForge Studio for MySQL" /backup /projectfile:"E:\Dropbox\Utveckling\Projects\TopHus\Mysql Backup\merhus.backup*"

Then i save it as a ,cmd file. I double-click the file. The screen flickers but nothing happens... Tip: Why not let dbForge autocrate the cmd file?

Regards, Pär

kaffeburk

Re: Create CMD file for Backup

Post by kaffeburk » Wed 19 Sep 2018 05:44

I also tried to use the manual to create a scheduled backup. I'm in the dark. I used this code:

/backup /connection:"User Id=root;Host=db;Port=3309;Database=sakila;Character Set=utf8;" /projectfile:"E:\Dropbox\Utveckling\Projects\TopHus\Mysql Backup\merhus.backup"

There is no complete step-by-step guide and i'm sure some steps are missing. When i try to run the scheduler manually i end up in the program but nothing happens...

kaffeburk

Post by kaffeburk » Wed 19 Sep 2018 06:27

I also tried to use the CMD command that in your manual is:

C:\Program Files\Devart\dbForge Studio for MySQL>dbforgemysql.com.com /backup /?

Answer: Access is denied.

kaffeburk

Post by kaffeburk » Tue 25 Sep 2018 20:57

Almost one week now, and no help. I have created a job on Freelancer to get this going.

https://www.freelancer.com/projects/sof ... /proposals

kaffeburk

Post by kaffeburk » Wed 26 Sep 2018 06:54

Problem solved, i fond the error in your dokumentation on the page: http://blog.devart.com/how-to-setup-dai ... ndows.html

Your line is:

1 C:\Program Files\Devart\dbForge Studio for MySQL\dbforgemysql.com" /backup /projectfile:"D:\backup\sakila.backup

Correct is:

1: "C:\Program Files\Devart\dbForge Studio for MySQL\dbforgemysql.com" /backup /projectfile:"D:\backup\sakila.backup"

The two "" is missing.

alexa

Post by alexa » Thu 27 Sep 2018 13:00

Thank you for updating us on this issue.