Fusion VS Plugin, Cannot connect to localhost MySQL instance with root account.

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
wooshkey

Fusion VS Plugin, Cannot connect to localhost MySQL instance with root account.

Post by wooshkey » Wed 29 Aug 2018 19:07

Hello,

We are very interested in the Fusion VS plugin and I have downloaded the 30 day evaluation. I'm also new to MySQL, my background is SQL Server so I'm learning there as well.

I closed VS2017, downloaded the latest Fusion plugin today (8/29/2018), installed the Plugin, and restarted VS2017 (v4.7.02556). Went to the Fusion drop down, selected New Connection, and entered: Host: 127.0.0.1, Port: 3306, User: root, and Password. When I test the connection I'm getting an error of: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061): Authentication failed.

I have tried using localhost and my machine name. I do know that the userid and password are valid because I can connect instantly in MySQL Workbench (8.0.12). Trust me, the password is very simple and I'm not messing that up.

I have tried the forums and Google and cannot get around this. Yes, I have rebooted as well... :)

Any ideas as to what the problem is would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad.

alexa

Re: Fusion VS Plugin, Cannot connect to localhost MySQL instance with root account.

Post by alexa » Thu 30 Aug 2018 15:44

Could you please let us know if MySQL Workbench that you successfully connect with is installed on the same PC as dbForge?