"Uncommited transactions" appears when opening a view

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
Alan Cossey

"Uncommited transactions" appears when opening a view

Post by Alan Cossey » Thu 26 Jul 2018 18:18

Hi everyone,
I have a view which produces an "Uncommited transactions" error message whenever I open it from within dbForgeStudio for MySQL on a remote machine. The message also has "Document: dorisdb_vwsearchresultsbasb.sql" ("dorisdb" being the database and "vwsearchresultsbasb" the view name )and "Transaction count: 1". The structure of the view appears to be fine, but when I did a backup and attempted to restore to another database on the same MySQL Server it complained about an unknown field. The unknown field is the field in the view as it was before I made a change to the view.

If I stop the MySQL Server and then restart it, I get the same error message when I open the view in dbForgeStudio. Note that if I run Workbench on the machine hosting the MySQL Server and open the view I get no error message.

I need to make some important further changes to the database and really, really do need to ensure I can back it up and restore it if anything goes wrong. How do I find out what is causing the problem and how do I stop it happening, please?

Please note that I only an occasional user of MySQL and am generally using this for data accessed by Microsoft Access.

alexa

Re: "Uncommited transactions" appears when opening a view

Post by alexa » Wed 01 Aug 2018 09:57

We will investigate this issue and will answer you as soon as possible.

alexa

Post by alexa » Thu 02 Aug 2018 10:04

I have a view which produces an "Uncommited transactions" error message whenever I open it from within dbForgeStudio for MySQL on a remote machine.
We are aware of this issue.

Currently, you can resolve this by turning on Paginal mode:
1. Select 'Tools -> Options...' from the main menu. The 'Options' window opens.
2. Navigate to the 'Data Editor -> General' branch.
3. Select the 'Use paginal mode by default' option.
when I did a backup and attempted to restore to another database on the same MySQL Server it complained about an unknown field. The unknown field is the field in the view as it was before I made a change to the view.
Could you please let us know if the issue is reproducible and, if so, describe the steps to reproduce it providing the CREATE definitions of the view? Please also specify what columns were added/deleted so we can reproduce the issue on our side.

Alan Cossey

Post by Alan Cossey » Thu 16 Aug 2018 06:40

Hi,
Thanks for this reply. However, I had had to get round this urgently and did something else (rebuilt the view???). If it happens again, I'll certainly try out your suggestion and let you know how I get on.

AlexandrS
Devart Team

Post by AlexandrS » Wed 22 Aug 2018 07:17

Hi,
Alan Cossey wrote: Thu 16 Aug 2018 06:40 Hi,
Thanks for this reply. However, I had had to get round this urgently and did something else (rebuilt the view???). If it happens again, I'll certainly try out your suggestion and let you know how I get on.
We would be much obliged if you could come back then to us.

Alan Cossey

Post by Alan Cossey » Wed 22 Aug 2018 07:28

Shall do.