[7.4/8.0.40] Error executing function with JSON return type!

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
tfrancois

[7.4/8.0.40] Error executing function with JSON return type!

Post by tfrancois » Wed 18 Jul 2018 14:49

I noticed an error that occurs only on the following specific conditions.

When a function is created and set to return a JSON data type (which is not available in the Result type dropdown - JSON must be manually typed in), the function is allowed to save and functions 100% properly when called via valid SQL statements.

The error occurs when executing the function (for testing/debugging) from within dbForge. The error is 'Cannot execute procedure because of an internal server error'. To be able to successfully test the function without getting this error, the return type must be changed to TEXT. This works fine for debugging but DOES NOT return expected results when the function is called via SQL. It must be saved again with the JSON data type and works fine again as long as it is NOT executed via the Execute button.

Can this issue be corrected so that we don't have to switch back and forth while debugging/testing a function? I think the same issue occurs when writing a stored procedure that returns JSON data type. Thank you.

alexa

Re: [7.4/8.0.40] Error executing function with JSON return type!

Post by alexa » Wed 18 Jul 2018 15:03

We will review this and will answer you as soon as possible.

alexa

Post by alexa » Thu 19 Jul 2018 12:02

We will fix this issue in one of the next product builds and will notify you once it's available for downloading.

tfrancois

Post by tfrancois » Mon 13 Aug 2018 12:08

alexa wrote: Thu 19 Jul 2018 12:02 We will fix this issue in one of the next product builds and will notify you once it's available for downloading.
Hi Alexa,

I updated to the latest build [8.0.80] but couldn't help notice that this issue that I posted has still not been resolved. Any word on this please?

Thank you!

alexa

Post by alexa » Wed 15 Aug 2018 15:12

Sorry for the delay on this.

It should be fixed within a couple of months' time.

tfrancois

Post by tfrancois » Thu 18 Oct 2018 17:48

YES! So happy to report that this issue has been resolved with the latest release I updated to today (v8.0.108)! So happy about this. Thank you!

alexa

Post by alexa » Fri 19 Oct 2018 11:13

Thank you for updating us on this issue.

Please let us know if any questions arise.