Schema Comparison 7.4.201

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
vinayakm

Schema Comparison 7.4.201

Post by vinayakm » Sat 12 May 2018 10:03

1) When the option "Disable Dependency Analysis" is checked in the schema comparison wizard window synchronization of databases is not possible. What is the solution for this if I just want to transfer stored procedures and not its child tables.

2) I want to copy the schema from database1 to database2. Database2 is an empty database. After copying the schema using "Schema Comparison Wizard" still the objects are shown as different because of text formatting in database2 which is not present in database1. Also not all properties of the table are copied. Have given an example below

Database1
CREATE TABLE `assemble_gearboxes_detail` (
`code` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`header_code` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`itemcode` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`qty` decimal(18,2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0.00',
PRIMARY KEY (`code`),
KEY `IDX_assemble_gearboxes_detail_header_code` (`header_code`),
KEY `IDX_assemble_gearboxes_detail_itemcode` (`itemcode`),
CONSTRAINT `FK_assemble_gearboxes_detail_itemmaster_Code` FOREIGN KEY (`itemcode`) REFERENCES `itemmaster` (`Code`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE
) ENGINE=InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT=80736 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8

Database2
CREATE TABLE `assemble_gearboxes_detail` (
`code` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`header_code` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`itemcode` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`qty` decimal(18,2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0.00',
PRIMARY KEY (`code`),
KEY `IDX_assemble_gearboxes_detail_itemcode` (`itemcode`),
CONSTRAINT `FK_assemble_gearboxes_detail_itemmaster_Code` FOREIGN KEY (`itemcode`) REFERENCES `itemmaster` (`Code`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8

In the above example the index `IDX_assemble_gearboxes_detail_header_code` is not copied to database2.

alexa

Re: Schema Comparison 7.4.201

Post by alexa » Mon 14 May 2018 08:49

We will review this post and will answer you as soon as possible.

alexa

Post by alexa » Thu 17 May 2018 11:42

We were able to reproduce this issue and will fix it in one of the next product builds. We will notify you once it's available for downloading.

vinayakm

Post by vinayakm » Fri 25 May 2018 03:59

When can I expect the new build fixing the issue

alexa

Post by alexa » Fri 25 May 2018 13:45

1) When the option "Disable Dependency Analysis" is checked in the schema comparison wizard window synchronization of databases is not possible. What is the solution for this if I just want to transfer stored procedures and not its child tables.
We still have no the estimated date for this.
2) I want to copy the schema from database1 to database2. Database2 is an empty database. After copying the schema using "Schema Comparison Wizard" still the objects are shown as different because of text formatting in database2 which is not present in database1. Also not all properties of the table are copied. Have given an example below
The new build with the fix should be released next month.