Modifying a SP generates "This object requires rebuilding ..."

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
tiagobr

Modifying a SP generates "This object requires rebuilding ..."

Post by tiagobr » Tue 03 Apr 2018 10:54

Since the last upgrade, I am receiving a warning "The object requires rebuilding, this may result in the loss of some properties." any time I make a small change to a stored procedure.

At first I thought the message wasn't really relevant because the change I was making was very minor, however after doing some testing, it appears that security rights are being removed.

This has rendered the tool virtually unusable for managing/debug any stored procedures.

I tried to submit a support incident yesterday, however I never receive any notification or feedback since then.

dbForge Studio for MySQL Professional Edition version 7.4.185
Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard SP1 64Bits

alexa

Re: Modifying a SP generates "This object requires rebuilding ..."

Post by alexa » Tue 03 Apr 2018 12:44

We will investigate this issue and will answer you as soon as possible.

tiagobr

Post by tiagobr » Tue 03 Apr 2018 13:10

Debug stop on LOOP statements

alexa

Post by alexa » Tue 03 Apr 2018 13:42

Could you please describe this in more detail and provide us the full script? A video or screenshots demonstrating the issue would be also of help.

You can send a reply straight to our support system at alexaATdevartDOTcom and supportATdevartDOTcom .

tiagobr

Post by tiagobr » Tue 03 Apr 2018 14:56

Create the simple stored procedure and start Debug:

Code: Select all

DECLARE p1 INT DEFAULT 0;

label1: LOOP
    SET p1 = p1 + 1;
    IF p1 < 10 THEN
      ITERATE label1;
    END IF;
    LEAVE label1;
  END LOOP label1;

SELECT p1;
Image:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gA89QM ... sp=sharing

This software is paid ... it's not free ... even if it were free these errors could not come out in a new version.

Please do not release new versions without testing first.
To do the update we have to stop all our work ...

I buy and pay for the software and I help you identify stupid mistakes like this and still ask me to detail ???

Urgent. I can not develop anything ... I paid for the tool and I have to use it.

alexa

Post by alexa » Tue 03 Apr 2018 15:59

We are really sorry to find out you have experienced the issues with the new version.

Until we release a new build with the fixes, you could use the previous version that can be downloaded from Registered Users' Area.

terrydiederich

Post by terrydiederich » Wed 04 Apr 2018 13:27

To the OP, I'm getting this error every time I change a stored procedure also. What properties did you find were changing?

alexa

Post by alexa » Fri 06 Apr 2018 06:25

Since the last upgrade, I am receiving a warning "The object requires rebuilding, this may result in the loss of some properties." any time I make a small change to a stored procedure.
We would like to let you know that we released dbForge Studio for MySQL, v7.4.201 where this issue is fixed https://www.devart.com/dbforge/mysql/st ... nload.html

Thank you for your help in improving dbForge Studio for MySQL.

matneves

Post by matneves » Mon 09 Apr 2018 19:40

alexa wrote: Fri 06 Apr 2018 06:25
We would like to let you know that we released dbForge Studio for MySQL, v7.4.201 where this issue is fixed https://www.devart.com/dbforge/mysql/st ... nload.html

Thank you for your help in improving dbForge Studio for MySQL.
Hey there, I've updated to v7.4.201 and this issue still exist.

terrydiederich

Post by terrydiederich » Thu 12 Apr 2018 15:52

This issue exists for me also, even after updating to 201.

AlexandrS
Devart Team

Post by AlexandrS » Fri 13 Apr 2018 13:16

Hello,

>This issue exists for me also, even after updating to 201.

We will investigate the issue and will contact you back once there is any news.

AlexandrS
Devart Team

Post by AlexandrS » Mon 16 Apr 2018 13:17

Hello,

Could you provide us with the steps to reproduce and the procedure so we could replicate the issue on our side?

matneves

Post by matneves » Tue 17 Apr 2018 13:30

AlexandrS wrote: Mon 16 Apr 2018 13:17 Hello,

Could you provide us with the steps to reproduce and the procedure so we could replicate the issue on our side?
1 - Open a stored procedure, trigger or function
2 - Change something, you could add a single white space, but there's need to be a modification on the file
3 - CRTL + S or press Save button
4 - Shows alert: "The object requires rebuilding, this may result in the loss of some properties."
5 - Click to "Continue"
6 - Saves normally

alexa

Post by alexa » Tue 17 Apr 2018 14:21

If you place a space inside a stored procedure, dbForge shows such a message. This can be when the user wants to make their own formatting in the procedure using spaces. However, if you place a space outside of a stored procedure, dbForge will automatically remove the space and wont show such a message. This is by design.

matneves

Post by matneves » Tue 17 Apr 2018 14:39

alexa wrote: Tue 17 Apr 2018 14:21 If you place a space inside a stored procedure, dbForge shows such a message. This can be when the user wants to make their own formatting in the procedure using spaces. However, if you place a space outside of a stored procedure, dbForge will automatically remove the space and wont show such a message. This is by design.

The space was just an example to explain that there's need to be a change on the procedure to the message appear. I believe that the question here is what is the need of this message every time we change something on the procedure?