Printing when using dark theme

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
molino

Printing when using dark theme

Post by molino » Fri 16 Feb 2018 17:12

Hello
I just wanted to print a table. I'm using the skin Visual Studio 2013 dark and I can tell you that printing white text on white paper is not very good to read ;)

Best Regards
Raul

alexa

Re: Printing when using dark theme

Post by alexa » Fri 16 Feb 2018 19:03

Could you please provide us a screenshot of the document you are attempting to print?

You can send a reply straight to our support system at alexaATdevartDOTcom and supportATdevartDOTcom .

Also, please specify what version of dbForge you are using.

molino

Post by molino » Mon 19 Feb 2018 14:31

please, set the skin to Visual Studio 2013 dark and print a table definition. You should see that a lot of words are not printed because of the inverted colors. Should be easy to reproduce.

alexa

Post by alexa » Mon 19 Feb 2018 15:38

Unfortunately, we still were not able to reproduce this issue.

Also, there is no 'Visual Studio 2013 dark' skin in the latest product build.

Please check that you are using the latest build 7.3.137 of dbForge Studio for MySQL https://www.devart.com/dbforge/mysql/st ... nload.html

molino

Post by molino » Tue 27 Mar 2018 15:18

yes, that's true. I reverted back to 7.2.78.
The latest version is too broken for me to work with it. Specially the comparisson of a database with a project. But I already reported it some months ago.

alexa

Post by alexa » Wed 28 Mar 2018 10:37

We would like to let you know that we have released dbForge Studio for MySQL, v7.4 https://www.devart.com/dbforge/mysql/st ... nload.html

molino

Post by molino » Thu 29 Mar 2018 11:57

Hello,

I just installed the latest version. It still has issues comparing schema of DB with project :(

1. On one of my tables it reports that an Unique Key is not existent on the db. It is! And the generated script also does not add that modification.

2. "ROW_FORMAT = COMPACT" is marked as difference (only exists on db, not on project files) on some tables - on other tables it is not?!?

3. After sync of the project with the db, it still lists most of the tables as different. But no difference is visible. But there is a single semicolon...

Example:

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE personal (
  Personal_ID INT(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  GeschaeftspartnerEinheit_ID INT(11) NOT NULL,
  EintrittsDatum DATE DEFAULT NULL,
  AustrittsDatum DATE DEFAULT NULL,
  Status VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT NULL,
  PersonalTaetigkeitsbereich_ID INT(11) DEFAULT NULL,
  PersonalLohnkostengruppe_ID INT(11) DEFAULT NULL,
  Geburtsdatum DATE DEFAULT NULL,
  ErstelltAm DATETIME NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
  ErstelltVon VARCHAR(40) NOT NULL,
  ModifiziertAm DATETIME DEFAULT NULL ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
  ModifiziertVon VARCHAR(40) DEFAULT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (Personal_ID)
)
ENGINE = INNODB,
CHARACTER SET utf8,
COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci,
ROW_FORMAT = COMPACT;

;

ALTER TABLE personal 
  ADD CONSTRAINT FK_personal_GpEinheitID FOREIGN KEY (GeschaeftspartnerEinheit_ID)
    REFERENCES geschaeftspartnereinheit(GeschaeftspartnerEinheit_ID) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE NO ACTION;

ALTER TABLE personal 
  ADD CONSTRAINT FK_personal_PersonalLohnkostengruppeID FOREIGN KEY (PersonalLohnkostengruppe_ID)
    REFERENCES personal_lohnkostengruppe(PersonalLohnkostengruppe_ID) ON DELETE SET NULL ON UPDATE NO ACTION;

ALTER TABLE personal 
  ADD CONSTRAINT FK_personal_PersonalTaetigkeitsbereichID FOREIGN KEY (PersonalTaetigkeitsbereich_ID)
    REFERENCES personal_taetigkeitsbereich(PersonalTaetigkeitsbereich_ID) ON DELETE SET NULL ON UPDATE NO ACTION;

ALTER TABLE personal 
  ADD INDEX IDX_personal_AustrittsDatum(AustrittsDatum)

This is also the table where a unique key exists. The UK is on the column GeschaeftspartnerEinheit_ID which is a foreign key.

Edit:
@alexa: I just sent you a screenshot illustrating the UK issue.

alexa

Post by alexa » Thu 29 Mar 2018 12:30

We have received your e-mail and will answer you as soon as possible.

alexa

Post by alexa » Fri 30 Mar 2018 08:11

Please install the latest build 7.4.185 of dbForge Studio for MySQL https://www.devart.com/dbforge/mysql/st ... nload.html .

molino

Post by molino » Fri 06 Apr 2018 14:09

like stated I had already installed the latest version (7.4.185).
I just installed the new version (7.4.201).

Still a lot of issues comparing the schema of the db with a project.
- Reporting differences but the comparison of both "Create table commands" displays no difference.
- Reporting that the project files are missing index on multiple tables. After performing the synchronization it keeps reporting the same issues.

At least after sync of both (db and project) there should NOT be any differences.
After each sync the suggested sync operation on the next comparison is "None" (but still listed under Different). If restarting dbforge it is again "Update" ?!?
I changed all manually to "Update", but nothing changed.

After years of reporting heavy issues comparing db with projects and multiple attempts on your side to fix it, it becomes each version worse. In the meantime I don't believe that it will ever work. And DB-operation are to crucial to accept over such a period all the issues this tool is having.

alexa

Post by alexa » Thu 15 Nov 2018 11:28

Could you please let us know if the issue reproduces with the latest version 8.0 and, if so, provide us the scripts to reproduce it?