Sakila Connection Missing on startup

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
Sandy

Sakila Connection Missing on startup

Post by Sandy » Fri 19 Jan 2018 18:05

I have been getting this message in a modal pop up when I start (v7.3.137)-
"While opening the document Sakila, no connection with
'User Id=root;Host=localhost;Database=mysql;Character Set=utf8;'
parameters was found.
You can create a connection with these parameters or select any existing connection."
Don't have any of the sample database connections in my Explorer they were deleted. Can't figure out where or how this connection is being created. Anywhere else I can look to remove the connection or documents that might be hidden that have a connection. None of the existing doc connect to it and are all connected to valid db's.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
Sandy

alexa

Re: Sakila Connection Missing on startup

Post by alexa » Mon 22 Jan 2018 18:16

Could you please let us know what documents were open upon starting dbForge? There may be the documents restored from the previous session of dbForge.

Also, please provide us a screenshot of dbForge restored to the full size at the moment of the error.

You can send a reply straight to our support system at alexaATdevartDOTcom and supportATdevartDOTcom .

Sandy

Post by Sandy » Mon 22 Jan 2018 22:14

Alexa -

I sent an email with some pics, but found the issue. It seems the ONLY place that the Sakila db is referenced is in the Registry under this path -

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Devart\dbForge Studio for MySQL\MRU Lists\Recent Projects

It seems that the Recent Projects has a reference to it. It seems dbForge is check the MRU list of recent projects to see if the DB exists.

My solution was to delete the MRU entry with the reference to SAKILA in it at this key in the registry -

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Devart\dbForge Studio for MySQL\MRU Lists\Recent Projects

I have restarted a few times and have not seen it. Might not want to hit the projects in the recent list for connectivity, especially the sample projects that don't exist on most machines :)

Sandy

alexa

Post by alexa » Tue 23 Jan 2018 12:18

Thank you for updating us on this issue.

Please note that the Sakila sample project comes in the installation package of dbForge Studio for MySQL.

Sandy

Post by Sandy » Tue 23 Jan 2018 23:22

Thanks Alexa, got the real fix from the other thread.

Again, thanks for the proper way to do it.

Sandy