Schema Comparison

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
molino

Schema Comparison

Post by molino » Mon 11 Dec 2017 14:43

Hello,
since the last version the comparision reports differences from DB and project in AVG_ROW_LENGTH and on some tables also AUTO_INCREMENT.
In the options I have set to ignore auto increment and average row length.

It is now very hard to use the schema comparison because the DB has a lot of tables and all tables are now reported.

Regards,
Raul

alexa

Re: Schema Comparison

Post by alexa » Tue 12 Dec 2017 17:58

We will investigate this issue and will answer you as soon as possible.

molino

Post by molino » Mon 18 Dec 2017 18:25

it seems that this issue only exists when comparing a db with a project. When comparing two databases the settings regarding AVG_ROW_LENGTH and AUTO_INCREMENT are respected.

JDubDev

Post by JDubDev » Tue 02 Jan 2018 18:02

I can confirm the same behavior happening. AUTO_INCREMENT and AVG_ROW_LENGTH are NOT being ignored when the check is ignored for comparing a project to a server. However, it does not appear to affect server to server or server to project comparisons. Just project to server comparisons.

VMGJBIRD

Post by VMGJBIRD » Fri 12 Jan 2018 13:44

Just joined this forum.

With the Upgrade to dbForgeStudio Pro Ed 7.3.131 I am also experiencing that the Schema Comparison options to ignore AUTO_INCREMENT & AVG_ROW_LENGTH values are not working.

In addition, a long-time issue I've experienced with this tool is that there is no option to IGNORE COMMENTS, at least none that I could find? When the DDL is the same except for comments, I'd like to easily know they are functionally the same. With that limitation, I find myself having to scroll through countless "Differences" that are only comments. I do see that they are highlighted in BLUE, not RED, so I assume that is meant to signify a non-critical difference? However, I have seen BLUE highlights for missing lines of code, so not sure what BLUE is meant to signify, thus again, I am forced to review all differences. The biggest item is that there should be an OPTION to ignore comments. Has this been considered?

matneves

Post by matneves » Mon 22 Jan 2018 12:55

I'm using the version 7.3.137 and I'm also experiencing that the Schema Comparison options to ignore AUTO_INCREMENT & AVG_ROW_LENGTH values are not working.

alexa

Post by alexa » Tue 13 Nov 2018 12:30

We would like to let you know that this issue is fixed in the latest version 8.0 https://www.devart.com/dbforge/mysql/st ... nload.html

Reande
Location: https://diceus.com/comparison-of-12-bes ... e-systems/

Post by Reande » Fri 16 Nov 2018 11:21

alexa wrote: Tue 13 Nov 2018 12:30 We would like to let you know that this issue is fixed in the latest version 8.0 https://www.devart.com/dbforge/mysql/st ... nload.html
Thanks for this info!

alexa

Post by alexa » Thu 20 Dec 2018 13:18

You can not last version the comparision reports differences from DB and project in AVG_ROW_LENGTH and on some
Could you please specify what product version you are using?

Also, please describe what you have specified as Source and Target.

On top of that, please provide us the corresponding script.

You can send a reply straight to our support system at alexaATdevartDOTcom and supportATdevartDOTcom .
Using AUTO_INCREMENT having given example:
The AUTO_INCREMENT attribute can be used to generate a unique identity for new rows:
We will implement a new option 'Ignore AUTO_INCREMENT clause' in the next product version.