Huge decrease of usability in version 7.3

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
Patrick8639

Huge decrease of usability in version 7.3

Post by Patrick8639 » Fri 08 Dec 2017 09:13

Hello,

In previous version 7.2, I can leave a window opened with the text editor.
This makes to navigate a table with a log, that contains multi lines in a cell. I open the editor window and, with the focus on the grid, I can fastly move to the next row with the down key. This also lets me select the lines to delete while seeing the content.

Now, in version 7.3, I have to manually open each cell to see its content, I can no more navigate with the keyboard and I have to remember where I start the selection. That's a huge step backward.

In addition, the text editor cannot be left open, does not keep its size when closed and cannot be resized horizontally when the column is at the right...

alexa

Re: Huge decrease of usability in version 7.3

Post by alexa » Fri 08 Dec 2017 10:18

Could you please describe this in more detail and provide us screenshots if possible?

You can send a reply straight to our support system at alexaATdevartDOTcom and supportATdevartDOTcom .

alexa

Post by alexa » Fri 08 Dec 2017 12:22

The cell editor opens right in the cell itself with the combination Alt + Down Arrow.

To view data, you can open Data Viewer (Ctrl+W,R).

Sandy

Post by Sandy » Fri 08 Dec 2017 17:41

Funny having it attached to the field was one of the first things that I saw that changed and thought I like this better :)

Nice that it still can work either way.

Thanks for the tip alexa

Patrick8639

Post by Patrick8639 » Mon 11 Dec 2017 08:58

alexa wrote:The cell editor opens right in the cell itself with the combination Alt + Down Arrow.

To view data, you can open Data Viewer (Ctrl+W,R).
Hello Alexa,
what is now a "Data Viewer" was before a "Data Editor", that's not the same thing...

In addition the cell editor doesn't keep its size so I always need to resize it at each open...
When copying data from one cell to another, that's a headache.

alexa

Post by alexa » Tue 12 Dec 2017 14:04

We will fix this issue in one of the next product builds and will notify you once it's available for downloading.