Backup and Restore DB Problem

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
Sandy

Backup and Restore DB Problem

Post by Sandy » Thu 07 Dec 2017 18:21

When selecting a DB to back up (right click on a db, Backup and Restore) then back up the db with the 'Include CREATE DATABASE statement' checked in the options dialog, everything seems to generate OK, except on trying to RESTORE the same db to a new server it complains that the DB is not created. Upon looking at the SQL file that was generated it only has a `USE` statement not a CREATE DB statement.

Script generation has a bug it seems, or some other odd options have changed. I have used this just after upgrading to dbForge 7.3.131

Sandy

alexa

Re: Backup and Restore DB Problem

Post by alexa » Fri 08 Dec 2017 10:29

Please try specifying the name of the database to restore in the 'Database' drop-down menu of the Database Restore wizard. In this case, there will be an attempt to execute CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS.

Sandy

Post by Sandy » Fri 08 Dec 2017 17:01

The db is listed and selected in the drop down. If you RIGHT CLICK and BACK UP DB from the explorer it becomes stuff into the DB field, however if you run the back up it has no create db statement in it.

Unless I'm missing something, it still does not generate the Create DB statement.

alexa

Post by alexa » Mon 11 Dec 2017 10:33

Could you please save the project file and send it to us for investigation?

You can send a reply straight to our support system at alexaATdevartDOTcom and supportATdevartDOTcom .

alexa

Post by alexa » Wed 13 Dec 2017 12:00

You might be using the project created in the previous version 7.2.

Please try creating the project with the latest version 7.3. This should resolve the issue.

Sandy

Post by Sandy » Thu 14 Dec 2017 16:24

I never use the project to do a backup, I always start from scratch and use the default settings as shown in the previously attached image of the options. So to make sure you understand the issue, I'm not loading a previously generated project. I simply do a back up and have the settings shown as to CREATE DATABASE but it doesn't. Don't have 7.2 Loaded anymore. Will just manually create the DB until the fix is out.

Thanks
Sandy

Sandy

Post by Sandy » Mon 29 Jan 2018 17:50

Problem seems to be fix in 7.3.137.

Thanks!!

Sandy

alexa

Post by alexa » Tue 30 Jan 2018 10:25

Thank you for updating us on this issue.