Can't paste multiple rows into table from clipboard

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
jww

Can't paste multiple rows into table from clipboard

Post by jww » Fri 09 Dec 2011 13:40

When I'm trying to copy-paste several rows from Excel or text file (just some CR-LF separated lines) to my table column, only first row is pasted.

(if I copy-paste some rows from some other table that was opened with dbForge, everything is OK)

alexa

Post by alexa » Fri 09 Dec 2011 14:40

Hello,

This is just the way the functionality works. However, if you still would like it work the way you want, you can leave your suggestion on our UserVoice forum where other users can vote for it: http://devart.uservoice.com/forums/7729 ... -for-mysql

Please note that there is a possibility in dbForge Studio for MySQL to import data from the Excel and other formats. For more information, please refer to the 'Data Import' topic in Help documentation.

jww

Post by jww » Fri 09 Dec 2011 15:27

Well. maybe I was a bit spoiled by Excel/plsql developer functionality )). I've checked two other popular MySql GUI tools and they haven't this feature either.

Could you provide some workaround to emulate such behaviour? I've got huge and totally messed up Excel spreadsheets (with joined cells etc) with some pieces of useful data here and there, so automatic data import is not an option, and the task is immediate.

Maybe some tricky reformatting of clipboard content (not plain CRLF) can help. Any idea would be appreciated. Thanks.

alexa

Post by alexa » Mon 12 Dec 2011 12:34

Unfortunately, currently, we can't suggest you something else than to copy/paste records one by one.

kaffeburk

Re: Can't paste multiple rows into table from clipboard

Post by kaffeburk » Thu 04 Oct 2018 23:00

Export the whole sheet/sheets to a new database, there you can copy and paste. Alternatively, examine the clipbord how dbforge copy/paste and emulate that format.