Out of Memory results in deletion of functions/procedures

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
obomysql

Out of Memory results in deletion of functions/procedures

Post by obomysql » Thu 23 Aug 2007 20:16

I receive often an out of memory message when I compile a function/procedure and MySQL dev is telling me there might be a problem with the OS. I have 3GB of ram, run windows XP professionally and definitely don't run out of memory by only working with MySQLDev, one putty session and one help file opened. I can solve the problem by closing some internal frames containing stored procedures - I think most of the time it happens when more than 5 or 10 frames open or after some time of work opening and closing a lot of functions/procedures.

The big problem here is, that most of the time when I receive the error message from MySQL dev, the stored procedure of function I tried to store is deleted on the server.

Now once I fixed the memory problem by closing frames, I can not save the procedure/function using either the save, compile, or compile with debugging info. MySQLDev reports the function /procedure does not exist. I then have to create a new function/procedure, copy and paste the code and store the code. If I forget doing this, I loose my work and have to restore previously backed up code.

Duke
Devart Team

Post by Duke » Mon 27 Aug 2007 07:36

We'll investigate Out of Memory problem as soon as possible.