Schema export feature request

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
gaspo100

Schema export feature request

Post by gaspo100 » Wed 19 Dec 2007 00:55

I would like to see an option 'Orginal Case' in the schema export/import dialog boxes that would preserve the case of the SQL statements.

I don't want MyDeveloper Studio to change the formatting of keywords.

Also, when I export the schema the program doesn't remember the options I have selected in the previous export.

Duke
Devart Team

Post by Duke » Thu 27 Dec 2007 16:11

I would like to see an option 'Original Case' in the schema export/import dialog boxes that would preserve the case of the SQL statements.
There are Code Formatting options in Options Dialog box. Please, try them.
Also, when I export the schema the program doesn't remember the options I have selected in the previous export.
Next version will implement this behavior. It is under development now.

gaspo100

Post by gaspo100 » Sun 06 Jan 2008 14:42

Duke wrote:
I would like to see an option 'Original Case' in the schema export/import dialog boxes that would preserve the case of the SQL statements.
There are Code Formatting options in Options Dialog box. Please, try them.
Yes, I already tried that, but the thing is that only identifiers have the option Original. Keywords don't.
As MySQL allows using of keywords as column or table names (ie. Client, User) MyDeveloper Studio changes the case also for columns and tables with such names in SQL statements.

When I turn off smart formating for keywords then the schema export still converts keywords according to the selected format.

It would be great if MyDeveloper Studio could have Original for keywords too where I would be in control of how the SQL statements look like.

Duke
Devart Team

Post by Duke » Tue 08 Jan 2008 12:19

We'll resolve this problem in the next version by implementing more sophisticated formatting mechanism, that will treat non-reserved keywords depending on context in which they are used.