[BUG] enterprise 9.0.688 - no table update after renaming a column in the tree view

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
michabbb

[BUG] enterprise 9.0.688 - no table update after renaming a column in the tree view

Post by michabbb » Wed 13 Oct 2021 08:32

hi,

i renamed a column in the tree view then, right click "edit table" and then i still see the old column-name.
so there is refresh of the internal cache missing, whatever. PLEASE FIX !!!

notice: I am running a custom version provided by you.

michabbb

Re: [BUG] enterprise 9.0.688 - no table update after renaming a column in the tree view

Post by michabbb » Wed 13 Oct 2021 08:37

i disconnected from the server did a refresh of the cache, still see the old column name.
then after reconnecting to the server, I was surprised, because the column-name actually DID NOT change,
even the tree-view showed me the changed name. very confusing. so the "edit table" view is correct and the
rename did not work. will check again.....

michabbb

Re: [BUG] enterprise 9.0.688 - no table update after renaming a column in the tree view

Post by michabbb » Wed 13 Oct 2021 09:17

and of course, but this has not changed till today ;-(((
the tree never changes if you edit a table, you always have to do a manual refresh, I don´t really understand whats so difficult to update the tree when something got changed ;-(((

alexa

Post by alexa » Sat 16 Oct 2021 09:59

This issue is already in the roadmap for the next product versions.

michabbb

Post by michabbb » Sat 16 Oct 2021 10:12

hey alex,

thanks for your feedback.
please keep in mind: the problem here is also related to this super old any super annoying issue:

viewtopic.php?t=41296

BECAUSE: when renaming something in the tree-view, dbforge is doing selects in the background to the information schema.
and - of course - these selected are NOT "read uncommitted" - dbforge gets a timeout when tables on the server are getting changed (which blocks the information_schema).

so this is another bad example, how terrible it is, because dbforge DOES NOT "read uncommitted" on the information_schema.

timeouts all the time and the GUI shows things, that never happened because an operation in the background
did not work (because of a timeout).

i was told several times, that you will address this issue at the end of this year, I only can hope that this finally happens.
your software is unusable if tables on the server get deleted and created regularly - dbforge hangs and freezes all the time!

but hey... i only repeat myself... ;(

alexa

Post by alexa » Sun 17 Oct 2021 09:25

Hello Micha,

Thank you for the additional information.

We will take this into account.