New OraDeveloper Tools 2.00 offers you the following features:
Integration with ODAC
Added ODAC component designer extensions, including syntax highlighting, code completion, visual query building, stored procedure debugging, and others.
Database project support
Added a project management framework for bookmarking related scripts and organizing database developments.
Projects can be deployed in any order and saved to a file.
PL/SQL and Script Debuggers
Added PL/SQL and SQL script debuggers.
Added a Security Manager for performing secrity administration tasks, including manipulating user accounts,
granting and revoking roles and privileges, and managing profiles.
Improved SQL Editor
Greatly improved the SQL Editor. The following features were added:
- Enhanced Find and Replace window lets you search and replace text in all opened documents and view search results in a Find Results window
- Advanced Code completion includes keywords and objects from the parsed script
- Parameter information
- Quick information about pointed object in the script
- Navigation bar for navigating to script objects and subobjects
- In-place visual select statements editing with Query Builder window
- Incremental search is now available
- Code navigation for jumping to the definitions of database objects and PL/SQL variables
The following features added for working with data:
- You can now print data from data editor directly
- Sequential fetch feature was added - not all the data can now be fetched at once, cursor can be left opened to fetch data later
- Data output can now be redirected to the Output window and viewed as text
- Card View mode gives a visual way to view data rows
The number of database objects which can be created with visual editors has increased. Here is the list of newly supported object types:
- XML Schemas and tables
- Object Tables
- Partitioned, clustered and index-organized tables
- Materialized Views and Materialized View Logs
Added a Session Manager for controlling and analyzing user sessions
A new Event Monitor lets you send signals between database connections with Oracle alerts and pipe messages.
Extended Database Object Search
Added search in object data and PL/SQL source code. You can now also perform search on columns, constraints and indexes.
Added a Document Outline window for viewing the structure of SQL documents. To simplify code navigation, DML commands,
DDL statements, PL/SQL blocks and variables are represented as single structural units.
Added an extensive collection of SQL and PL/SQL code templates.
Other new features
- Now you can open several object editors for the same type of object in one document
- The Output window now has several tabs for viewing different kinds of messages
We're looking forward to your comments and suggestions.
Core Lab development team