Best Fit (All columns) in OraDeveloper Studio

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for Oracle
Kannan

Best Fit (All columns) in OraDeveloper Studio

Post by Kannan » Fri 01 Dec 2006 07:11

1. Currently I am using OraDeveloper Studio 2.00 Beta downloaded on 01, December 2006.

Whenever I execute a SQL statement the output in grid auto sizes to the column name.
How to enable the Best Fit (All columns) to default ?

2. How can I see the DBMS_OUTPUT outputs from OraDeveloper Studio ?

3. I find the product to be really good. I have a doubt regarding the future versions.

When I am going to buy the OraDeveloper Studio version 2.0, am I entitled for free updates?

When will the final product of Version 2 will be available ?

I have some suggestions,
It would be better to have an option of customizing the syntax highlight colors.

It would be better that Icons in Database explorer for tables, procedures etc would be different instead of having them as folders.

An option to check for updates with download updates similar to BITS in Windows

Regards,
Kannan.B

Duke
Devart Team

Post by Duke » Fri 01 Dec 2006 07:46

How to enable the Best Fit (All columns) to default ?
There is an option that allows to turn Best Fit by default. It is turned off because Best Fit operation can take a long time on large result sets.
2. How can I see the DBMS_OUTPUT outputs from OraDeveloper Studio ?
You can turn DBMS_OUTPUT on in Database Connection Properties dialog (Advanced tab).
Final version will be released next week. All upgrades of 2.xx version are free for our users.

Kannan

Post by Kannan » Fri 01 Dec 2006 08:52

Thanks for the fast response.

I am waiting for the final release after which I am thinking of buying this product.

Seems like .NET 2.0 has lot of features and is used best in this application !!