Questions about schema compare for Oracle

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for Oracle
coreystol61

Questions about schema compare for Oracle

Post by coreystol61 » Wed 10 Feb 2021 16:26

Hello

I am trying schema compare for Oracle, and I am not sure if it is the right tool for my needs.
1) Is it possible to compare 2 schemas in the same database ?
2) In the "Schema Differences Overview", is it possible to display the schema name for each object ?
I have to compare numerous schemas that often contain tables with the same name, so displaying the schema is absolutely needed.
3) In you online documentation "Comparing and Synchronizing Schemas on Different Oracle Server Versions", why are you talking about Oracle version 3.23 or 5 ?? The current versions are 11g, 12c, 18c !
"When comparing schemas on different Oracle servers, some incompatibilities can occur in schema objects. For example, when comparing schemas on Oracle 3.23 and 5.x. Schema on Oracle 5.x can have such objects as views, triggers, stored routines that are not supported on 3.23 server. This topic describes how dbForge Schema Compare for Oracle treats such incompatibilities." https://nox.tips/

Thanks in advance for your response.
Last edited by coreystol61 on Thu 11 Feb 2021 16:38, edited 1 time in total.

dzhanhira
Devart Team

Re: Questions about schema compare for Oracle

Post by dzhanhira » Thu 11 Feb 2021 15:39

Hello,

1) Yes, it is possible to compare 2 schemas in the same database.
2) Yes, you can display the schema name for each object.
3) Technical Writers mistakenly inserted a snippet from the Schema Compare for MySQL documentation.
There must be Oracle versions there. We will fix this bug in the documentation.

jameszen

Re: Questions about schema compare for Oracle

Post by jameszen » Wed 10 Nov 2021 09:40

coreystol61 wrote: Wed 10 Feb 2021 16:26 Hello
fall guys
I am trying schema compare for Oracle, and I am not sure if it is the right tool for my needs.
1) Is it possible to compare 2 schemas in the same database ?
2) In the "Schema Differences Overview", is it possible to display the schema name for each object ?
I have to compare numerous schemas that often contain tables with the same name, so displaying the schema is absolutely needed.
3) In you online documentation "Comparing and Synchronizing Schemas on Different Oracle Server Versions", why are you talking about Oracle version 3.23 or 5 ?? The current versions are 11g, 12c, 18c !
"When comparing schemas on different Oracle servers, some incompatibilities can occur in schema objects. For example, when comparing schemas on Oracle 3.23 and 5.x. Schema on Oracle 5.x can have such objects as views, triggers, stored routines that are not supported on 3.23 server. This topic describes how dbForge Schema Compare for Oracle treats such

Thanks in advance for your response.
It's great! thank you