"Show Group By Box" is disabled

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for Oracle
nufshm

"Show Group By Box" is disabled

Post by nufshm » Sun 31 Jan 2021 14:29

"Show Group by box" menu is enabled only if Result data is less than selected Page Size '1000'. if there are more than 1000 rows it will remain disabled.
same will apply if selected page size is '10' or '100'.

'Show Group By box' option should be enabled if data size is less than or equal to result data set. it is only checking less than.

dzhanhira
Devart Team

Re: "Show Group By Box" is disabled

Post by dzhanhira » Thu 04 Feb 2021 16:00

Unfortunately, in the work of Group by box there are limitations associated with the modes of receiving data.

In order for the Group by box button to be active, one of the following conditions must be met:

- the value for the initial page size option (in Tools-> Options -> Data Editor) is larger than the number of rows in the table (paginal mode ON)
- all values are fetched to the end (paginal mode OFF)

nufshm

Post by nufshm » Wed 10 Feb 2021 07:38

this option works in "dbforge for sql". with same settings.
in dbforge for oracle, group option is enabled only when selected rows are less than page size. it should also enable when selected rows are equal to page size.

Page size = 1000 (default).

selected rows = 999 (Group by option is enabled)
selected rows = 1000 (Group by option is disabled)

it should be like "enable when selected rows are less than or equal to page size). currently it is only "enable when selected rows are less than page size")

I am using trial version of dbforge for oracle 4.3.34.

mamyjx88

Post by mamyjx88 » Fri 22 Apr 2022 02:06

The trial version works well. I think I will buy official version to use full of functions.