Data Editor issues

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for Oracle
mstoebich

Data Editor issues

Post by mstoebich » Mon 02 Nov 2020 11:23

We are currently in the process of evaluating dbForege Studio for oracle. So far we like it a lot, but there are some quirks (mostly not critical to our workflow) but there's a few things bugging me:
  1. If i Retrieve Data from a table it opens the data view mode, But i much prefer the text mode (so i can easily work off that statement), with the text on top of the data grid. These are two extra clicks for every query i'd like to avoid. Is there a way ti set this as the default layout?
  • also in the data view/edit mode: if i edit a cell in the data grid it automatically commits these changes. the apply- and cancle changes buttons are greyed out. Is there a way to enable this? According to the docs these options should be available.
I'm on version 4.2.34 of the Enterprise Edition Trial.

- Michael

dzhanhira
Devart Team

Re: Data Editor issues

Post by dzhanhira » Mon 02 Nov 2020 16:27

1. Unfortunately, at the moment there is no such possibility, but we have this functionality planned and it will implemented.

2. Apply- and Cancel- changes buttons are available only when Cached Updates Mode (Button to the left of Apply) is enabled.

mstoebich

Re: Data Editor issues

Post by mstoebich » Tue 03 Nov 2020 07:59

dzhanhira wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 16:27 1. Unfortunately, at the moment there is no such possibility, but we have this functionality planned and it will implemented.
Good to know! looking forward to that update.
dzhanhira wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 16:27 2. Apply- and Cancel- changes buttons are available only when Cached Updates Mode (Button to the left of Apply) is enabled.
Seems logical, good to know.

Thank you!