Output to Fixed Width

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for Oracle
Blackbird907

Output to Fixed Width

Post by Blackbird907 » Wed 15 Jul 2020 19:52

Hi everyone - I have a query written for a report, and I need the report output to a Fixed-Width text file. For example, column 1 is 1 character long, column 2 is 4 characters long, and column 3 is 30 characters long. Regardless how long the data is in each field, I need the columns to be aligned in the output file. So if column 2 only uses 3 of the 4 characters, it needs to have white space until column 3 begins. Every column in the report has different length requirements. How do I do this in dbForge Oracle? I know that templates are a thing, but haven't found any other posts about using them this way, or anything useful in the documentation.

Thanks in advance!

alexa

Re: Output to Fixed Width

Post by alexa » Fri 17 Jul 2020 07:34

There is no such a possibility in dbForge. Though, you can add a suggestion on the UserVoice forum where other users can vote for it https://devart.uservoice.com/forums/132897-dbforge-studio-for-oracle

We collect and analyze the information from this forum in order to make a proper roadmap for future product releases.