Questions about schema compare for Oracle

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for Oracle
rgaillard

Questions about schema compare for Oracle

Post by rgaillard » Thu 16 Aug 2018 08:23

Hello

I am trying schema compare for Oracle, and I am not sure if it is the right tool for my needs.
1) Is it possible to compare 2 schemas in the same database ?
2) In the "Schema Differences Overview", is it possible to display the schema name for each object ?
I have to compare numerous schemas that often contain tables with the same name, so displaying the schema is absolutely needed.
3) In you online documentation "Comparing and Synchronizing Schemas on Different Oracle Server Versions", why are you talking about Oracle version 3.23 or 5 ?? The current versions are 11g, 12c, 18c !
"When comparing schemas on different Oracle servers, some incompatibilities can occur in schema objects. For example, when comparing schemas on Oracle 3.23 and 5.x. Schema on Oracle 5.x can have such objects as views, triggers, stored routines that are not supported on 3.23 server. This topic describes how dbForge Schema Compare for Oracle treats such incompatibilities."

Thanks in advance for your response.

.jp
Devart Team

Re: Questions about schema compare for Oracle

Post by .jp » Fri 17 Aug 2018 11:12

Hello,

1) Yes, you can compare several schemas in one database. You should do the following:
- New Schema Comparison...
- Select connection
- Include multiple sources and targets
- Compare
2) We thank you for notifying us about the error. We will fix this bug in the next version of the product.
3) We are sorry to find out that you encountered an error in our documentation. We'll fix it as soon as possible. Our product supports the following Oracle versions: 12c, 11g, 10g, 9i, 8i. Oracle 18c will be supported in a new version of our product. It'll be available in a few weeks.

Best Regards.

.jp
Devart Team

Post by .jp » Wed 22 Aug 2018 05:50

Hello,

Just let you know the new version of Schema Compare with support of Oracle 18 released.

Best Regards.

Phillis

Post by Phillis » Wed 29 Aug 2018 13:46

HEY THERE
YOU CAN EASILY dianabol results COMPARE AS JP SHOWS do it as same at it is it will work easily
testogen gnc
Legal steroids for sale – How it works? Legal steroids GNC
sarms reviews
Last edited by Phillis on Sat 09 Oct 2021 08:03, edited 2 times in total.

rgaillard

Post by rgaillard » Wed 05 Sep 2018 15:38

Hello

The new version contains big improvements.
It is not yet perfect, but very usable with the new options.
I was able to accomplish a migration project with very positive results, so I have ordered a full licensed version.

alexa

Post by alexa » Thu 27 Sep 2018 12:17

Thank you for letting us know this.

Isaiah

Post by Isaiah » Sun 30 Sep 2018 16:00

Thank you so much it really helped me,