Timestamp format in Data Compare wrong

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for Oracle
amochoru

Timestamp format in Data Compare wrong

Post by amochoru » Thu 19 Jul 2018 16:17

I am using the dbforge Data Compare for Oracle tool to generate scripts for our DBA group. all of our date fields use a TIMESTAMP data type so when I generate a script through Synchronization I would expect the output in the file to match the yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss.ffffff format set under Tools/Options/Data Editor/Formatting/Timestamp. The file instead contains a date in the format of MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss.ffffff. Where is this being declared for the script file being generated through Synchronization?

alexa

Re: Timestamp format in Data Compare wrong

Post by alexa » Thu 19 Jul 2018 17:21

We will review this and will answer you as soon as possible.

amochoru

Post by amochoru » Wed 25 Jul 2018 20:12

Are there any updates on this issue?

AlexandrS
Devart Team

Post by AlexandrS » Mon 30 Jul 2018 10:32

Hello,

The settings you are talking about are tied with a data mapping in Data Editor.
A synchronization script is being created considering settings set during the session.
Please pay attention to the following parameters within a synchronization file.

ALTER SESSION SET NLS_TIMESTAMP_FORMAT = 'SYYYY/MM/DD HH24:MI:SS.FF';
ALTER SESSION SET NLS_TIMESTAMP_TZ_FORMAT = 'SYYYY/MM/DD HH24:MI:SS.FF TZH:TZM';

amochoru

Post by amochoru » Tue 31 Jul 2018 20:52

So where is the Data Compare tool determining what to populate the alter session statements at the top of the file with? Is there a way I can control what the template will look like?

alexa

Post by alexa » Thu 02 Aug 2018 10:25

Unfortunately, there is no a possibility to control these settings except on changing the settings directly in the sync script.

Though, we will review implementing such a possibility when developing the next product versions.