ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified error in Express Oracle

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for Oracle
abhilk

ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified error in Express Oracle

Post by abhilk » Fri 15 Sep 2017 10:34

Hi,

I downloaded dbForge Studio Express for Oracle 32-bit. I was using SQL Developer and our Database sits behind company proxy. Through SQL Developer I am able to connect to DB, but from dbForge Studio Express for Oracle 32-bit I am getting ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified.

Please suggest a resolution for this.

alexa

Re: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified error in Express Oracle

Post by alexa » Fri 15 Sep 2017 14:12

We will investigate this issue and will answer you as soon as possible.

alexa

Re: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified error in Express Oracle

Post by alexa » Wed 20 Sep 2017 10:18

Could you please perform the following:
1. Select 'Tools -> Options...' from the main menu. The 'Options' window opens.
2. Navigate to the 'Environment -> Output' branch.
3. Select the 'Write queries sent by the program to the SQL Log' and 'Log application errors' options.
4. Unselect the 'Delete application log after closing' option. Click 'OK'.
5. Reproduce the error and send us the *.log file with the latest date from the directory:

Code: Select all

%SystemDrive%\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Devart\dbForge Studio for Oracle\
You can send a reply straight to our support system at alexaATdevartDOTcom and supportATdevartDOTcom .