Selecting a subset of tables to compare thru DBForge data compare for Oracle

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for Oracle
Tanzeel

Selecting a subset of tables to compare thru DBForge data compare for Oracle

Post by Tanzeel » Wed 05 Jul 2017 13:22

Hi,
I have around 1700 tables and I want to compare a subset of these tables which is around 600 tables through DBForge data compare tool. When I provide connection details for Source and Destination DB, it selects all the tables in both schema (which can be mapped) by default and then I have to uncheck those tables/ objects manually one by one on the mapping page that I don't want to compare (OR uncheck all the tables/objects first on mapping page and then check only those tables which I want to compare) either way its tedious.
I have the list of tables in a notepad document that I want to compare. Is there an easy way to import the list of tables that I want to compare instead of manually selecting each one of them whenever I create a new comparison for (Source & Target DBs)?
Thanks,
TR

alexa

Re: Selecting a subset of tables to compare thru DBForge data compare for Oracle

Post by alexa » Wed 05 Jul 2017 17:10

You could use the comparison options which are filters.

To specify the criteria to filter tables names, you can use the following options on the 'Options' page of the data comparison wizard:
- Include tables or views by mask
- Exclude tables or views by mask

Tanzeel

Re: Selecting a subset of tables to compare thru DBForge data compare for Oracle

Post by Tanzeel » Wed 05 Jul 2017 17:36

Thanks Alexa. I will try that.

Another question.
I have created a *.dcomp file thru DBForge by creating a link between 2 databases say, X and Y databases.
I have 6 more databases with same set of tables but different data that I want to compare.
How can I use the *.dcomp file that I created to compare database X with Z?
As I said, the tables are exactly the same, only data is different that I want to compare. I don't want to go through the process of creating another *.dcomp file yet again for every new first time comparison.
Thx,
TR

alexa

Post by alexa » Thu 06 Jul 2017 08:57

You can use the existing *.dcomp file in the command line having redefined the connection strings and database names. Please also see https://www.devart.com/dbforge/oracle/d ... d_line.htm

Please note that the newly specified parameters in the /source, /target, /schemas switches override the ones the initial *.dcomp file contains.

For more help on the command line operations, please type the following in the command line prompt:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\Devart\dbForge Studio for Oracle>dbforgeoracle.com

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\Devart\dbForge Studio for Oracle>dbforgeoracle.com /datacompare /?
Additionally, you can make a copy of the generated *.dcomp file, open it with Notepad and manually modify connection strings with databases.

Tanzeel

Post by Tanzeel » Thu 06 Jul 2017 19:55

Thank you Alexa.
TR

goyetche

Post by goyetche » Thu 21 Jan 2021 19:44

Hi Tanzeel,

Did you get a resolution for this? I'm in the same boat, my database has about 20,000 tables in it and I have a list of about 600 that I want to compare ... every time I hit the "Mapping" tab, it spins for about an hour loading the 20,000 tables for me to manually select the tables that I want to compare .. tried modifying the .dcomp file but can't get it to skip the reloading of the tables every time I hit the mapping tab.

Thanks!