Bug in Sql Formatter

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for Oracle
hansjoergp

Bug in Sql Formatter

Post by hansjoergp » Thu 01 Jun 2017 05:37

If you format the following sql-statement I get the error "SQL3.sql: Error (41,1): '')'' expected"
SELECT ROUND ( 500
/ ( 2
/ 1
)
) test2
FROM dual

I think that this is also the problem in the Document outline window which does not display the correct outline

alexa

Re: Bug in Sql Formatter

Post by alexa » Thu 01 Jun 2017 14:02

This is not the issue of dbForge. Oracle itself requires the row not to start with /. You have to bring / to the end of the previous row.

hansjoergp

Post by hansjoergp » Tue 06 Jun 2017 06:09

The problem is that we have a lot of code which uses this style, because the formatter which we have used until now used this style....oracle executed this statements until now without any problems

alexa

Post by alexa » Tue 06 Jun 2017 08:48

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We will investigate this issue and will try to fix it in one of the next product versions.

benaffleck

Post by benaffleck » Thu 28 Apr 2022 07:15

hansjoergp wrote: Thu 01 Jun 2017 05:37 If you format the following sql-statement I get the error "SQL3.sql: Error (41,1): wordle unlimited'')'' expected"
SELECT ROUND ( 500
/ ( 2
/ 1
)
) test2
FROM dual

I think that this is also the problem in the Document outline window which does not display the correct outline wordle
This error appears if you use the SQL formatting command with an identifier that does not exist in the given database. The format command works only for identifiers that are valid in the database where you are working.