Studio for Oracle hangs many times a day

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for Oracle
psmyda

Studio for Oracle hangs many times a day

Post by psmyda » Wed 21 Jan 2015 09:49

Hello,

I'm struggling with a very annoying problem on dbForge Studio for Oracle.
Application likes to hang many time a day. It happens when I open sql file from disk or generate script for object in database (for example view and so on).
I did notice that it is related to code completion - when I turned it off for a couple of days application worked perfectly - but thats not the solution!!! and I like IDE to help me with column names and other code completion goodies.

I've already reinstalled my operating system - it helped for like a month but now hanging came back and I don't know what else to try.

HELP!!! I'm loosing my mind whit it.

alexa

Re: Studio for Oracle hangs many times a day

Post by alexa » Wed 21 Jan 2015 12:41

We would recommend you to check that you have enough free operating memory. Please note that if the system doesn't suffice free operating memory, a swap file is used which uses hard drive's memory. Therefore, please also check that you have enough free space on your hard drive.

Are you experiencing such a problem only with dbForge or with some other tools as well?

Could you please provide us a screenshot of Windows Task Manager with the processes being sorted by the memory used?

You can send a reply straight to our support system at supportATdevartDOTcom

psmyda

Post by psmyda » Fri 23 Jan 2015 09:06

So here is screenshot of my task manager when dbForge has stopped answering:
You can see the memory usage is about 70 %. (from 8GB)

On hard drive (2 partitions) i've got 140GB free on disk C and 671 GB on D. dbForge is installed on partition C:.

alexa

Post by alexa » Fri 23 Jan 2015 13:38

Could you please also take a screenshot of Window Task Manager at the time when dbForge hangs and provide it to us?

Also, please let us know if the Oracle server you are connecting to is on a local or remote machine.

Additionally, please provide us the information about the database (such as database size, objects quantity, type of objects, field types).

You can send a reply straight to our support system at supportATdevartDOTcom