Different Output path for Oracle Database project for Debug and Release Build

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for Oracle
mansoor_khalid

Different Output path for Oracle Database project for Debug and Release Build

Post by mansoor_khalid » Wed 22 Oct 2014 06:56

Is there a way for having different Output Target path for Oracle Database project for Debug and Release Build.
The problem for us is that we have setup different paths for Debug and Release Builds of database projects for SqlServer and we don't want to change our MS build scripts.
But I have not seen any option in the Oracle Database project that can help us to this.

alexa

Re: Different Output path for Oracle Database project for Debug and Release Build

Post by alexa » Wed 22 Oct 2014 07:58

Could you please provide us the full name of the product and describe this issue in more detail? Screenshots would be also of help.

You can send a reply straight to our support system at supportATdevartDOTcom

mansoor_khalid

Re: Different Output path for Oracle Database project for Debug and Release Build

Post by mansoor_khalid » Wed 22 Oct 2014 08:37

The product name is dbForge Fusion for Oracle. Its the Visual studio plugin for Oracle.

alexa

Post by alexa » Wed 22 Oct 2014 09:46

You can specify different build output paths using different project configurations. Please see the 'Build, Project Options' topic in the product's Help documentation.

mansoor_khalid

Post by mansoor_khalid » Thu 23 Oct 2014 06:32

You are right, but its not obvious.
The default Active solution configuration is "Defaut".
Perhaps you should stick to the normal two configuration. i.e. "Debug" and "Release".
The "Default" configuration led me on a merry chase.
Plus it didn't work for me through Project GUI. I had to edit the solution file by hand for this to work.
This could definitely made better.

alexa

Post by alexa » Thu 23 Oct 2014 09:53

Perhaps you should stick to the normal two configuration. i.e. "Debug" and "Release"
You can add a suggestion on our UserVoice forum where other users can vote for it http://devart.uservoice.com/forums/1328 ... for-oracle

We collect and analyze the information from this forum in order to make a proper roadmap for future product releases.
Plus it didn't work for me through Project GUI
We were able to reproduce this issue and will fix it in one of the next product builds.

alexa

Post by alexa » Mon 10 Nov 2014 13:41

The default Active solution configuration is "Defaut".
Perhaps you should stick to the normal two configuration. i.e. "Debug" and "Release".
The "Default" configuration led me on a merry chase.
Plus it didn't work for me through Project GUI. I had to edit the solution file by hand for this to work.
This could definitely made better.
A more detailed investigation of this issue revealed that you have to change the configuration in the 'Configuration' drop-down menu on the 'Project' toolbar and then build the project.

alexa

Post by alexa » Fri 30 Jan 2015 14:23

We would like to let you know that we have released a new version 3.7 of dbForge Studio for Oracle where the issue you reported is fixed http://www.devart.com/dbforge/oracle/st ... nload.html

Thank you for your help in improving dbForge Studio for Oracle.