Schema Comparison - Redundant Output With Limited Filters

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for Oracle
sthoreson

Schema Comparison - Redundant Output With Limited Filters

Post by sthoreson » Tue 04 Feb 2014 17:22

30 Day Trial - Schema Compare
I compressed thousands of tables for OLTP in a cloned test instance.
Running schema compare returns these thousands of compressed tables within each schema.

I WANT these compressed tables but do NOT want to see these returned within the results and want them excluded from the sync script.

How can this be removed or filtered so the output won't show these? I don't want to have to check each and every line to see if it shows the compressed table differences as there are literally thousands.

Shawn

alexa

Re: Schema Comparison - Redundant Output With Limited Filters

Post by alexa » Wed 05 Feb 2014 12:48

Could you please clarify what you mean by compressed tables and how they differ from the ordinary tables?

Also, once a *.scomp is generated, please expand the 'Different' node, select any object and send us a screenshot displaying differences?

You can send a reply straight to our support system at supportATdevartDOTcom, so we will keep further correspondence with you via e-mail.

sthoreson

Post by sthoreson » Wed 05 Feb 2014 17:26

In an Oracle cloned instance of PROD, we modified thousands of tables in a tablespace with the 'move compress for OLTP' compressing the existing data and thus modifying the structure of each table to have 'compress for oltp'.

When we run schema comparison tool, it picks up these differences in the tables between two different Oracle instances. One instance should have no compress for oltp, while the other has thousands.

Knowing we want these differences, I don't want them displayed in the output generated. We need a way or an option within the schema compare utility, to remove this check or add a filter to remove the check against 'compress' on a table. Otherwise the resulting output will have thousands of lines within it that are not needed and require a dba to sort through each and every line to confirm if it is not 'compress for OLTP'.

alexa

Post by alexa » Thu 06 Feb 2014 12:49

Unfortunately, there is no such the option to ignore the compression in dbForge Data Compare for Oracle. However, we put this new option into our development plan for future product releases.

alexa

Post by alexa » Thu 17 Jul 2014 15:51

We would like to let you know that we have released a new version 3.6 of dbForge Studio for Oracle that includes a new option http://www.devart.com/ru/dbforge/oracle ... nload.html

Thank you for your help in improving our products.