ora-00942 when modifying row data from Database Explorer

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for Oracle
Konamiman

ora-00942 when modifying row data from Database Explorer

Post by Konamiman » Fri 08 Apr 2011 15:23

I have dotConnect for oracle 6.10.121 + OraDeveloper tools 2.60.176 installed in Visual Studio 2010. I can use Database Explorer to retrieve table data (right click on table - "Retrive data"). The problem is that when I try to add new rows or to modify the data on existing rows, I get a "ora-00942: table or view not found" error.

The table name contains lower case characters and I have verified with a network sniffer that the SQL text sent to the Oracle server is not enclosing the table name in quotes. Maybe this is the reason for the error? Is there any way to force OraDeveloper's Database Explorer to quote the table names when communicating with the database?

.jp
Devart Team

Post by .jp » Mon 11 Apr 2011 09:07

Thank you for the detailed problem description. It was very helpful.
We reproduce this error in our test environments.
Fix of the error will be included in the next version of OraDeveloper tools.

Konamiman

Post by Konamiman » Tue 19 Apr 2011 11:05

Thank you. Is there any possibility that I can get something like a hotfix in the mean time? I am using OraDeveloper as the primary tool to access an Oracle database in which all tables have lowercase names, and having to resort to write SQL commands to update table data is quite annoying.

Duke
Devart Team

Post by Duke » Thu 21 Apr 2011 07:34

When we work over a new version of a product we release hot-fixes only for critical bugs that have no workaround. Otherwise is will cause unnecessary delays in a new version release.