Oracle Project Wizard does not import all objects

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for Oracle
myaesubi

Oracle Project Wizard does not import all objects

Post by myaesubi » Mon 14 Feb 2011 18:45

Hi,

I'm new to Oracle Developer tools.

I have created a Database project using Devart Project Template in VS2010 and trying to import all objects from the Oracle database.

Although in the Oracle Wizard project, it asks for importing Indexes and Grants, however when I finish importing, no index or grant is imported.

There are no option available to re-run the wizard after the project is created and re-import the database objects again!

Thanks for your reply,
Mohammad

Duke
Devart Team

Re: Oracle Project Wizard does not import all objects

Post by Duke » Tue 15 Feb 2011 15:16

myaesubi wrote: Although in the Oracle Wizard project, it asks for importing Indexes and Grants, however when I finish importing, no index or grant is imported.
Indexes are exported successfully (please check Table/View settings group on DDL Generation Options page of the wizard).

Users and grant currently cannot be exported with this wizard. As a workaround you can open Security Manager, select required user and run Generate DDL comand from the popup menu. Then include created file into project.
myaesubi wrote: There are no option available to re-run the wizard after the project is created and re-import the database objects again!
Indeed, there is no such option. You'll need to delete the old project and re-create it again.

myaesubi

Re: Oracle Project Wizard does not import all objects

Post by myaesubi » Wed 16 Feb 2011 17:14

Duke wrote:
myaesubi wrote: Although in the Oracle Wizard project, it asks for importing Indexes and Grants, however when I finish importing, no index or grant is imported.
Indexes are exported successfully (please check Table/View settings group on DDL Generation Options page of the wizard).
Thanks for Reply.
By default Triggers and Indexes are checked to be exported on the Wizard Table/View settings, however upon exporting only Triggers are exported and indexes are not
Users and grant currently cannot be exported with this wizard. As a workaround you can open Security Manager, select required user and run Generate DDL comand from the popup menu. Then include created file into project.
Would guide me to "Security Manager"? Is it in Devart tool or Oracle out of the box tools?
myaesubi wrote: There are no option available to re-run the wizard after the project is created and re-import the database objects again!
Indeed, there is no such option. You'll need to delete the old project and re-create it again.

Duke
Devart Team

Post by Duke » Thu 17 Feb 2011 07:22

By default Triggers and Indexes are checked to be exported on the Wizard Table/View settings, however upon exporting only Triggers are exported and indexes are not
I'd checked that indexes were exported before answering. Maybe problem lyes deeper.
Would guide me to "Security Manager"? Is it in Devart tool or Oracle out of the box tools?
Main Menu->Tools->Devart OraDeveloper Tools->Database->Security Manager

myaesubi

Post by myaesubi » Thu 17 Feb 2011 16:03

Duke wrote:
I'd checked that indexes were exported before answering. Maybe problem lyes deeper.
Main Menu->Tools->Devart OraDeveloper Tools->Database->Security Manager
Thank you, as you mentioned there is another issue caused this case. It seems I don't have enough permission to export indexes and grants!