Oradeveloper Studio, Database Explorer overlap

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for Oracle
loquin

Oradeveloper Studio, Database Explorer overlap

Post by loquin » Mon 11 Oct 2010 21:27

I'm running Oradeveloper Studio v 2.55.167

When displaying the database explorer and the properties window simultaneously on the left pane of the form, the Properties pane overlaps the bottom of the database explorer pane, so that the down arrow of the scroll bar is not visible. Even if the properties pane is unpinned or closed, the Database explorer resizes so that the down arrow is STILL not visible, as the bottom of the scroll bar is now 'hiding' behind the status bar...

This has the effect that I can scroll UP one line at a time in the database explorer, but, I can't scroll down one line at a time. Which is irritating. :(

www.oquin.com/msc/oradevelop.jpg

.jp
Devart Team

Post by .jp » Tue 12 Oct 2010 10:56

Thank you for your report about this error. We know about this problem. However we cannot reproduce it repeatedly, and this prevents us from solving the problem. If you can send us the sequence of steps which leads to this problem, we would be very grateful.

As a temporary solution we offer you to resize the Database Explorer window or restart OraDeveloper Studio. It should restore the usual scroll position.

loquin

Post by loquin » Tue 12 Oct 2010 17:53

.jp wrote:Thank you for your report about this error. We know about this problem. However we cannot reproduce it repeatedly, and this prevents us from solving the problem. If you can send us the sequence of steps which leads to this problem, we would be very grateful.

As a temporary solution we offer you to resize the Database Explorer window or restart OraDeveloper Studio. It should restore the usual scroll position.
No, that doesn't help. The scroll bar remains too long, vertically, by approximately the height of the status bar. (I can't say for sure, as I have to estimate the position of the down arrow.)

i.e. the problem is repeatable on my computer! it repeats every time I run the app! :roll:

There really is no 'sequence of steps to produce the issue.' Every time I connect to the Oracle database, when I open ANY 'folder' (table, view, sequence, etc.) which causes the number of items to exceed the space available for display in the database explorer pane, the down arrow ends up behind the object below it, whether that object is the status bar, or the properties window. And, as I said earlier, it appears to be too long by approximately the height of the status bar.

I'm running windows XP SP3.

.jp
Devart Team

Post by .jp » Thu 14 Oct 2010 06:47

Thank you for the additional information about this bug.
Fix of the error will be included in the next build of OraDeveloper Studio.