Only displaying the most recently run grid output

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for Oracle
jdenyer

Only displaying the most recently run grid output

Post by jdenyer » Fri 09 Oct 2009 10:08

Hi

Not sure if I've missed a setting or whether this functionality doesn't exist.

For each SQL script tab that I have open, I'd like to see the associated grid data. So, when I switch between SQL tabs, the grid data in the bottom half of the screen changes too. SQL script A in the top pane displays grid data A in the bottom pane and SQL script B in the top pane displays grid data B in the bottom pane.

In essence, I'd like this to work in the same way as MS SQL Server Management Studio.

The nearest I've managed to get is where the grid data appears in the top pane for each SQL script, but then I have to tab between the SQL script and the data.

So, does this functionality exist? If so, which options do I need to select?

Thanks

James

Duke
Devart Team

Post by Duke » Mon 12 Oct 2009 08:22

Each SQL document has Data view. So you can have separate data for each query. To setup default behavior see Tools->Options->Data Editor->General options tab.
There are two options there that can help you:
"Show Data view for every SQL document"
"Redirect data to Data window if Data view is closed"

jdenyer

Post by jdenyer » Mon 12 Oct 2009 09:50

Thanks for your response, Duke.

However, my situation hasn't changed. The data is now displayed as text rather than a grid and the individual SQL panes do not have their own data displayed in the pane below (well they do, but it's stacked in order of when the query was last run).

What I'm looking for is SQL script only in the top pane and the associated data, in grid format, displayed in the pane below. When I select a second SQL tab, the data for that query should be displayed in the bottom pane, in grid format, without having to run the query again.

This is my main problem - when switching between SQL tabs I seem to have to rerun the query to view the data. I don't want the data to appear in the top pane, because I want to view the data and the SQL together.

Thanks

Duke
Devart Team

Post by Duke » Mon 12 Oct 2009 14:25

jdenyer wrote:I don't want the data to appear in the top pane, because I want to view the data and the SQL together.
Thanks
Well implement this in the future versions.

jdenyer

Post by jdenyer » Mon 12 Oct 2009 14:31

OK, thanks.