dbForge Data Compare for Oracle connection issue

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for Oracle
DaveTP

dbForge Data Compare for Oracle connection issue

Post by DaveTP » Thu 15 Aug 2019 13:21

I'm currently trialling "dbForge Data Compare for Oracle" but I'm having issues connecting to our database.

It doesn't appear to be let me select a connection type other than "Direct" when I want to connect using TNS.
The connection type field is greyed out and already populated with "Direct" and the drop down to change this value is unresponsive.

I have Oracle Instant Client 19.3 installed and the following tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora files in the /network/admin folder
TNSNAMES.ORA
DB_ALIAS =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCPS)(HOST = myhost.co.uk) (PORT = 9999))
(CONNECT_DATA = (SERVICE_NAME = MYSERVICE))
(SECURITY = (WALLET_DIRECTORY = D:\wallet)))

SQLNET.ORA
WALLET_LOCATION = (SOURCE = (METHOD = FILE) (METHOD_DATA = (DIRECTORY = D:\wallet)))

I have the relevant ORACLE_HOME and TNS_ADMIN system variable setup.

Using the above I can successfully connect to the database using both SQLPLUS and Oracle SQLDeveloper 19.1 (using TNS).

Is this a limitation of the data compare software/trial or can you tell me what I'm missing?

If TNS is unavailable, can you let me know how I populate the Direct connection screen to connect using TCPS and oracle wallet?

Thanks

Dave

alexa

Re: dbForge Data Compare for Oracle connection issue

Post by alexa » Thu 15 Aug 2019 15:27

In case you are using a 32-bit Oracle client on a 64-bit operating system, you have to install dbForge Studio for Oracle with the mention of 32-bit http://www.devart.com/dbforge/oracle/st ... nload.html