Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
cesarvegamx

Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed

Post by cesarvegamx » Wed 07 Mar 2007 03:39

I'm using version 4.0.4. I just created a sample application that open a reader and binds it to a grid.
I'm testing by using a MySqlConnection and MySqlCommand, and other test with MySqlDataSource.
Both work in my development machine.

Now, I build and published the website on a shared hosting account and the results were:
1.- Using MySqlConnection and MySqlCommand works.
2.- Using MySqlDataSource returns the error "Unable to find the requested ...blah, bah".

I also have a dedicated server(I did not run the installer there), where I uploaded the same application, for testings and what I got was:
1.- Using MySqlConnection and MySqlCommand works.
2.- Using MySqlDataSource returns the error "Unable to find the requested ...blah, bah".

So, same thing. In the shared hosting, there's medium trust level plus socket permissions. In the dedicated it is full trust.
So, the difference in trust level didn't make a difference.
Regarding licensing, there's already an App_Licenses.dll in the bin folder, and what I get is not a licensing error.
I didn't run and don't want to run the installer in the dedicated server, because I want to test how my application will behave in the shared hosting.

It seems like a bug to me. Please, don't tell me your provider can't be used in a shared hosting (where I can't run an installer).

cesarvegamx

Post by cesarvegamx » Wed 07 Mar 2007 04:01

You know what, I went and ran the installer in the dedicated server and to my fear, the problem was actually fixed.
Again, please, don't tell me it won't run in a shared environment with medium trust where I cannot run the installer.

I think this is a bug, because even the provider from MySQL AB, had this problem too, but was fixed: http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=16126

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 07 Mar 2007 09:36

You should add the following section into your web.config file:

Code: Select all

cesarvegamx

Post by cesarvegamx » Wed 07 Mar 2007 15:24

Thanks ! It worked.

But actually, I had to do:

Code: Select all

Because in my development machine I was getting an error about a duplicated entry for "CoreLab.MySql".

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Thu 08 Mar 2007 13:45

Right. But on a target machine that additional string is not necessary.